maslow’s hierarchy of needs theory was given by Abraham Maslow. In this theory, he explains what is basic expectation of a person throughout of his life. As per maslow’s hierarchy of needs theory, a human being spent his all life to achieve 5 type of needs that we will discuss further.
maslow’s hierarchy of needs theory
1) Physiological needs- Physiological needs means daily needs that we want in our life. for example- food, water, shelter, etc. This is first basic need of a person that he wants to achieve. Without this need, nobody can survive.
2) Safety needs- After satisfied from first need, person start to follow his second need and that is safety needs. As, we can consider from the name safety need means to secure himself. For example- Job safety, property lands, secure bank balance, safety around him, etc.
3) Love/belonging needs- We also know this need from the name of social need. This need includes your social life need. for example- relation with family and school friends, love, attraction, support from other people, etc. Basically, this need includes your relationship with other people. After fulfilling of safety and physiological needs both, person started to want that he make his own family, build healthy relationship with other people and big communities.
4) Esteem needs- Esteem need means expectation of respect from other people. After achieving above all three needs, person started to want value and his own identity in the society. he started to expect respect from other people in the society. In Esteem need, there is also two factors:-
- Internal esteem- Internal esteem means self-respect, achievement, power, etc.
- External esteem- External esteem means recognition and good status in the society.
5) Self- actualization need- This is last and highest need of a person that comes after fulfillment of all above four needs. As per of data, there are very few people present in the world who reached at this last need. Abraham Maslow was first psychologist who took self-actualization as an important factor in human needs.
In simple words self-actualization means to understand our own inner personality and develop it as much as we can. To understand our internal powers and potential properly. In self-actualization, we analyze our overall personality and try to enhance it.
If we talk about why most of the people do not reach at this need then after achieving of all first four need, person does not give attention to this last need because after achieving first four needs he started to think that he has achieved all things in his life.
Why is Maslow’s hierarchy of needs important?
Maslow’s hierarchy of needs is a psychological theory that is very important for those people who are studying and interested in Psychology. This theory help us to understand the step by step needs of an individual that he wants throughout his life.
Personality development for students
These days every student is facing lack of personality in their body. They feel something missing in their behaviour and to heal that they do many things but they do not able to heal that because taking steps to improve personality is ok but taking steps in the right direction to improve student personality is great and give results very soon to students. Here in this article we are going to talk about the ways through which every student can develop their personality and get results soon:
1) Avoid social media: Social media is one of the biggest reason that is spoiling student’s life. Every day every student spent at least 4-5 hours over social media easily or more but If we tell them to read books then they will not be able to do that even half an hour properly and that’s all because social media. Through the following points you will able to know that how much social media is harmful for students:
- It highly decreases your focus level
- generates the problem of procrastination in students
- helps to create to habit of delay work in student’s mind
- 24*7days student feel headache
- helps to not achieve anything in your life
- helps you to make student dumb
- highly responsible for negative thoughts in student’s mind
- reduces power and capacity of your mind and make it weak
- keeps you stagnant in your career and studies
Social media generates a chemical in our mind that is known as dopamine and this chemical generates at very high level in their mind when we and any student use social media and that’s why they do not want to leave social media and social media eats a lot of time of students.
This all things happen when a student use social media in wrong way. If they are just only doing time pass over social media then they will face a lot of problem but If they using that for their benefit then they can learn great things from this and can give good shape to their career.
You have to set a limited time for social media every day.
2) Let them do whatever they want to do: After one stage every student want and need freedom. Freedom to do that thing that they want to do, freedom to keep their points in front of others and their parents.
Many parents want that their child do the thing that they want but they forget to ask their child if he really wants to do that or not. If he wants to do that then no problem but if he does not want to do that and parents force their child and this thing can spoil his several years because if he will not be interested in that thing then how would he able to give his 100% in that thing and this thing can make him depressed also due to lack of mental satisfaction and parent’s pressure.
If parents let their child to do the thing that he wants then there is a lot of chances that he will live a good and luxurious life in the future because he will do that work by both heart and brain because he likes that work and want to do that. He will also able to give his 100% in that work.
If your parents pressuring you to do something that you do not want then you should talk to them. They will understand you surely.
You may also like:
- How toxic friends affect your mental health?
- 10 best ways to make your personality strong and attractive
- Why are parents responsible for their children’s behaviour?
- How do you become a master communicator?
3) Read books: Always read books. Here I am not taking about study books. I am taking about the books that have capability to refresh your mind and you can only the one who can find that book because only the books which will be related to your interest can refresh your mind because you will be interested in that book.
Many students use social media after their study to refresh their mind but it leave bad impact in their mind. Students should develop a habit in their mind in which they use books to refresh their mind instead of social media. These books are only just for reading purpose. If you do this you will automatically gain some extra knowledge in your mind.
4) Get up early: Every student should get up early in the morning and take cold shower. It will keep them all day energetic and mindful. Student also do meditation at least 10 minutes in the morning. It is very helpful to control your mind thoughts, emotions.
These days students like late night sleep and late morning wake up. Sometimes it seems like students hate morning. But It is wrong. It will make them always sleepy throughout the day and the energy level of their body will always be low all day because of this. Every student should wake up early in the morning and their first priority should be their important and long work.
5) Follow rule 1,2,3,4 strictly: Many people follow the above points but they still not getting the results due to lack of consistency. Consistency is very important in any kind of work. It will be very hard for any student to replace their phone through a book but nothing can be impossible. You can do it. In the beginning you may feel some problems and your mind will try to stop you to do this but always remember one thing you should be the one who run your mind not your mind should be the one who runs you.
If you have any other problem let me know in the comment section. I will try to solve your problem as much as I can🙂🙂
ALL THE BEST FOR YOUR BRIGHT FUTURE