Everyone wants to be a good communicator in this world but everyone do not able to achieve success in this. Why? Because they do not work over their communication skills. You can say that skills of communication is very powerful weapon for any person. You must have heard that a good communicator can sell garbage to anyone through his good communication skills.
In this article we will discuss about how you can improve your communication skills practically, like when you talk to someone what things you should keep in your mind during communication.
What is the key to success when communicating with the public?
The key success when communicating with the public is Understanding. Yes, without proper understanding you cannot involve in any type of communication perfectly. Once, great motivational speaker Sandeep Maheshwari told in his session that understanding is biggest quality of extraordinary communication skills. Nothing can be bigger than this because If you don’t understand what the other person wants from you, then no matter how extraordinary communicator you are, you will fail.
Another key to success when communicating will the public is listening. If you want good communication then you first you should listen properly and then react with some emotions. This will enhance your communication skill multiple times.
What are the common reasons behind the communication problem?
Common reasons behind the communication problem are:
1) Senseless and Meaningless talk: Sometimes some people start talking in the already ongoing communication without knowing anything. Because of this words become senseless and meaningless because if a person do not know what other people are talking about and he suddenly goes into that communication and started his own talk that only makes sense to him and not to others then this sounds very weird. If anybody do this, then people will try to avoid them in their communication.
2) Not listening well: Not listening well is second common reason behind the communication problem because If anyone does not listen well then how can he react in the communication properly. For example- if your friend sharing happy moments of his life with you and you are standing with sad face in front of him then it is very natural that he will not share his happy moments with you again in the future.
3) Asking too much questions: Asking too much questions can also become reason behind a communication problem because if you are not listening other person and before finish his words if you ask him questions like a falling waterfall then it will make other person annoying and no one does not enjoy and like this type of questioning. First, ask question then listen the answer properly and according to that construct your another question so that other person can also enjoy the communication. If you ask genuine questions that both you and others are interested in, it makes sense and it will improve your communication and make you a good communicator.
4) Do not shout: In a communication some people start shouting when they do not agree with the other person to show their dominance and justify it. They think they’ll be proven right if they shout. If a person does this then it is clearly show that the person wants to fight in the middle of the conversation and no one likes this type of communication. From next time onwards they will try to avoid communication with that person.
You may also like:
- How toxic friends affect your mental health?
- What are the signs of mentally strong person?
- How does self-confidence helps a person to become successful in life?
- How self-love can change your life?
How do you overcome lack of knowledge in communication?
If you want to overcome the lack of knowledge in communication then first you should be practically. For this you need to think practical about everything. First, find out in every communication at which place you feel the lack of knowledge. After this sit over an alone place and think what could you speak at that time when you feel lack of knowledge in communication. Start reading books over the topic of communication. See other people how they react at that place where you feel lack of knowledge. This will make your mind more productive and heal your lack of knowledge.
What makes communication difficult?
If anyone does the steps that I mentioned in the reasons behind the communication problem then it will make your communication difficult and complicated. Try to avoid those steps.
What are the 3 rules for good conversation?
3 rules of good conversation are:
1) Always be clear: Whatever you are trying to explain to other person make sure that you are clear for that and you are explaining properly to that person because if you are explaining him something and he is not getting your point then it does not make any sense. That’s why always be clear about your thoughts to make communication more effective.
2) Listen more speak less: If you listen more and speak less then person think that you are interested in his thought and he will tell you more another interesting thing from his heart and this will take your communication to next level.
3) Always feel comfortable: You should always feel comfortable when you talk with someone because this thing will show your natural behaviour and personality. It will also be good for you if you feel comfortable during the conversation as you will talk better.