It is one of the most difficult work to motivate yourself when you are sad or depressed because during this time our mind goes misbalance and we do not want to do anything. But the person who overcome himself from sadness and depression can achieve anything in his life because he knows how to balance himself in the hard situations of life. Today in this article we are going to talk about how you can motivate yourself when you are depressed?
What causes a lack of motivation?
Things that can cause lack of motivation are:
1) inability to give time to oneself: People face lack of motivation when they do not able to give them proper time. Whole day they were busy in daily activities like job, office, household work, etc. Due to not giving time to themselves, people do not get to know this.
- Their actual capability
- their actual wants
- their brain power level
- their weakness to improve that
These days people are just following their daily routine and activities and in their busy schedule they have forgot to give themselves time. Inability to know himself is the biggest reason for lack of motivation because the person who gives time to himself knows how to stay motivated, What things he need to avoid to stay motivated. If you want to give to yourself then sit in an alone place and ask yourself what do you want, Do you satisfied from your work, what is your weak points and strong points. These all are practical things. If you do it then definitely you will see huge changes in yourself.
2) Don’t underestimate yourself: Many people do this, they compare themselves from other and underestimate themselves that’s why they feel uncomfortable in front of that people with that they compare themselves and this things automatically destroy their image in front of many people and that’s why because they underestimate themselves, people also start to underestimate them. Never do this thing in your life. Always stay positive in life and try to understand that everyone is unique in his life.
3) Lack of sleep: If you do not sleep properly then the next day your brain will not give you its 100%. Due to lack of proper sleep you will fell sad and depressed whole day. Because of this, you may have to face many difficulties in performing your daily tasks. So take proper sleep of at least 8 hours to stay refreshed and motivated throughout the day.
You may also like:
- How toxic friends affect your mental health?
- How do you become a master communicator?
- Why self-love is the most important love?
- How does self-confidence helps a person to become successful in life?
4) Always be positive: We all have many negative thoughts in our mind throughout the day but you have to replace that negative thoughts with positive thoughts. Negative thoughts leave a very bad effect on our brain and can make us feel sad and depressed.
5) Never keep your past in your present mind: All people make mistakes in their life. This is not a bad thing, mistakes teach us a lot but keep that mistake in your present mind then your whole future can be destroyed. If you always remember any past mistake in your mind then it means that you are living in your past instead of present and this thing will never let you stay motivated for the rest of your life. You should learn from that mistake and move on in your life.
Is feeling unmotivated normal?
Yes, feeling unmotivated is totally normal. This is just part of human emotions. Whenever humans think negative thing about themselves then this thing make them unmotivated because at that time they think very negative about themselves. But If you feel always unmotivated then it can be very dangerous for you because you can go in depression due to this. Whenever, you feel unmotivated try to overcome from that as fast as you can and focus on your career and goals of your life.