The greenhouse effect is a natural process that helps the sun’s rays to reach on the earth and to balance the heat temperature in the surroundings.
How greenhouse effect works in earth’s atmosphere
Our Earth’s atmosphere is covered with many layers of gases. One of those layers is the layer of gases which we call greenhouse gases or GHG gases. The function of GHG gases is to absorb the sun’s rays towards the earth and not allow them to be reflected back. This function of GHG gases helps to keep the earth warm and retain heat in the surroundings.
What if the greenhouse effect would be removed from the earth
Removing the greenhouse effect from the earth is directly related to the removal of greenhouse gases from the earth because greenhouse gases are the gases that cause the greenhouse effect on the earth. If we remove greenhouse gases from the earth, then the heat temperature of the earth will start going down and the cooling will start increasing on the earth, which will make the life of organisms, plants, animals, and other living things on earth impossible because greenhouse gases are the way through which sun rays reach to the earth surface.
You may also like:
- Nature and forms of business organization
- Positive Quotes about life challenges
- 10 best ways to make your personality strong and attractive
- 8 Foods to increase memory power
Importance of Greenhouse Effect for Earth
1) Greenhouse effect is present on earth for millions of years and only because of this life is possible on earth because without greenhouse effect the temperature will decrease and earth will be completely frozen, for this reason, life on earth will not be possible.
2) Because of greenhouse effect the average temperature of earth is well maintained that is 15 degree Celsius. If there would be no greenhouse effect on the earth then the temperature on earth would be -17 degree Celsius.
What if greenhouse gases increase in the atmosphere
If greenhouse gases will be increased in the atmosphere then the gases will start to absorb more rays of sun on the earth and this thing will cause more heat and the Earth will start getting hotter than it should be. The extra heat on the earth will lead to the problem of melting ice, forest fires, dryness of the river, flood, drought and imbalance of natural things.
list of greenhouse gases and their sources
1) Carbon Dioxide- Carbon dioxide is the first of the greenhouse gases and the source of carbon dioxide is the burning of fossil fuels and cutting of trees (deforestation).
2) Chlorofluorocarbons- Chlorofluorocarbons are another type of gas found in greenhouse gases and the source of chlorofluorocarbons is refrigerator heat; industrial and commercial uses.
3) Methane- Methane is another major greenhouse gas after carbon dioxide. The sources of this gas is burning of fossil fuels and wood; fertilizer factories, growing paddy, excreta of cattle and other livestock.
4) Nitrogen oxides- Sources of Nitrogen oxides gas are burning of fossil fuels, fertilizers; burning of wood and crop residue.
5) Carbon Monoxide- Carbon Monoxide is last gas that is found in greenhouse gases and the sources of this gas are Iron ore smelting, burning of fossil fuels, burning electronic waste.
Factors that contribute the most to increasing greenhouse gases are factories, automobiles, and deforestation. Waste material and harmful smoke that generate from factories and automobiles (like bike, car, e-rickshaw) are the main reason due to which greenhouse gases are constantly increasing in the atmosphere of the earth and this thing causes more heat on the earth because every particle of greenhouse gases absorbs the sun’s rays towards the earth.